Join Visit Essex
- Find out more
Public access to the fort includes guided tours of the magazines and roof. Displays in the fort include the Thameside Aviation Museum and Fort Museum. A new memorial garden with a 1/3 scale replica of the memorial Obilisk built in 1916 and blown up in 1917. Together with Arnhem and RAF Memorials. There are a number of Artillery pieces and vehicles. The Fort is situated in a riverside parkland with other historical military relics.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
Follow brown tourist signs to East Tilbury off A1306. M25 junction 30/31 then east on A13 to Brentwood Junction.
Nearest station : 2 miles (3.2 kms) from East Tilbury station