Explore this section of the website to find out about our core activities. Here you will find information about membership, leisure marketing, group travel and business tourism opportunities, member training events, our up and coming events, and have access to research reports.
Visit Essex is led by a Board of tourism professionals with an independent chairman. All members receive a generous package for their annual subscription. Members also have the opportunity to raise their presence in specific markets, through participating in thematic campaigns we will be undertaking throughtout the year, such as coastal Essex, London 2012 Olympics, and a campaign targeting Essex residents to encourage them to discover what is on their doorstep.
For more information about membership, please contact Carol Jolly, Membership Manager on 01245 435152 or 07584 480072. You can also download a Membership brochure.
Aims and objectives
Our principle purpose is to promote the tourism offer, and maintain a high profile for Essex, whilst increasing visitor numbers and length of stays, generating further income for the county.
Our key objectives are:
- To raise awareness of Essex as a great destination, nationally and internationally
- Increase the volume and value of tourism to the Essex economy
- Increasing business to members
- Lead on a strategic vision for tourism in the county
- Ensure Essex is a high quality and accessible destination
- Encourage and support the development of our tourism product, ensuring sustainability
- Represent, lobby and reflect the views and issues of our members, and influence policy making
- Identify and maximise tourism opportunities that will benefit our members
- Access additional funding streams and increase income, in order to market and promote the county
- Promote and highlight new markets and products needed to enhance the visitor economy