Join Visit Essex
- Find out more
The largest church in Essex, with a total length of nearly 200 feet, and one of the most lavishly designed. Built in 1430 under the supervision of John Wastell, who also designed King's College Chapel in Cambridge. This magnificent building stands overlooking the historic market town.
Please visit our website www.stmaryssaffronwalden.org/history.htm for more details.
2 disabled parking spaces are available, no other parking is provided by the venue.
Nearest station : 3 miles (4.8 kms) from Audley End station
Disabled toilets in the mornings only.
Guided tours for groups (need to be booked in advance).
Guide leaflets in German, Swedish, Dutch, Polish, Japenese, Chinese and Russian.
|Wed 5 Jun 2013||Lunchtime Recital|
|Sat 8 Jun 2013||Whittlesford Community Gospel Choir|
|Wed 19 Jun 2013||Lunchtime Recital|
|Wed 26 Jun 2013||Lunchtime Recital|
|Wed 10 Jul 2013||Lunchtime Recital|
|Wed 17 Jul 2013||Lunchtime Recital|
|Wed 24 Jul 2013||Lunchtime Recital|