This Legal Notice applies to your use of the entire contents of the website at www.realessex.co.uk You should, therefore, read it carefully and note that your use of this website indicates acceptance of it in full. If you do not agree to the terms of this Legal Notice, you must not use this website.
Essex Tourism, a department of Essex County Council, may revise this Legal Notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check this website from time to time to review the then current Legal Notice, because it is binding on you.
Access to this website
While Essex Tourism endeavours to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, Essex Tourism shall not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Essex Tourism's control.
Material on this site is protected by copyright, the copyright owner is Essex County Council. You may not make alterations or additions to the material on this site. Material may be downloaded or copied for personal use.
Appropriate acknowledgement of the copyright owner is required if material is re-published in any format. For further information please contact: Essex County Council, Essex Tourism, County Hall, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1LX
You are permitted to link to this website provided that in doing so it is clear that the visitor is leaving your website or other medium from which the link is made and entering a separate website; the link to this website must open in a full standard browser. Essex Tourism reserves the right, at any time, to withdraw your right to link to this website and you shall ensure that you promptly comply with any request to remove or withdraw such a link.
This website includes links to other websites. These websites and the content, products and services available through them are not under the control of Essex Tourism and should not be considered to be endorsed or approved by Essex Tourism.
Accuracy of Information
Whilst we shall endeavour to ensure that all information on the site is accurate, we cannot vouch that all information will be accurate and up-to-date at all times. The site contains a large amount of data, and errors are likely to occur in tracking changes - for example, changes in dates and times of events. We therefore do not accept any liability for error or omission with regards to content of the site. Should you find any inaccurate information on the site, please inform us and we shall correct it, where we agree, as soon as it is practicable to do so.
Part of this site contains materials submitted to Essex Tourism by third parties. It is the responsibility of these third parties to ensure that the materials submitted for inclusion on this site comply with national and relevant foreign laws. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of this material and hereby disclaim any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material or for any misinterpretation, loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on any material contained within the site. We also cannot accept responsibility for any failure, or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in the event of bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. You are advised to check with the establishment concerned.
We accept no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an 'as is' basis.
Disclaimer and liability
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information in this website is correct as at the date it is posted, Essex Tourism does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website and the information on this website may be out of date.
Essex Tourism has used commercially reasonable efforts to check for all known viruses on this website, but shall have no liability for any viruses transmitted to you as a result of your use of this website.
If any provision of this Legal Notice is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provisions of this Legal Notice shall continue to be valid. Nothing in this Legal Notice shall exclude or limit Essex Tourism's liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any liability that cannot be excluded or limited at law.
The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided by these terms and conditions or by law does not constitute a waiver of other rights or remedies.
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions, together with any rules specific to a competition, apply to all competitions on the www.visitessex.com web site, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
2. The competition is organised by Essex County Council, Essex Tourism, County Hall, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1LX
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a competition, the decision of ECC shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. To qualify to enter the competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom. The address you provide with your competition entry will be used to send any prizes, so please make sure this is correct.
5. Employees of ECC, its members, partners or any company involved in the competition, or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the competition.
6. ECC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the rules.
7. Only one entry per person per competition is allowed (except where otherwise stated) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will have any additional entries discounted.
8. There is no purchase requirement to enter a competition, and there is no charge to register for use of the web site.
9. Proof of entry, is not proof of receipt.
10. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, ECC does not accept responsibility for the return of any entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
11. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise, from all qualifying entries within 14 days of the competition closing date. Tie-breakers will be judged by ECC and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
12. Competition winner(s)' names may be published on the web site, or you can write to Essex County Council, Essex Tourism, County Hall, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1LX - naming the specific competition. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
13. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. ECC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
14. All prizes are awarded at ECC's discretion.
15. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades, etc) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
16. ECC does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, you retain ownership of your entry, although ECC will be able to use or reproduce entries as we choose fit, without compensation.
17. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity, and ECC reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners/photographs of them in any publicity.
19. The competition and rules will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.