The Magic World of Mushrooms at Wivenhoe
Outdoor Event, Sat 4 Nov 2017
Join fungi expert Sarah Manning on this stroll around Wivenhoe Woods discovering the fascinating mushrooms and toadstools that grow here. Meet at Rosabelle Car park
|Sat 4 Nov 2017||10:30 to 12:30 13:30 to 14:30|
£4.30 per person
TM 038216 51.85645 0.95891
Getting to Wivenhoe
• By bus: Buses No. 61, 62 or 87 go to Wivenhoe from Colchester town centre (61 and 62 also from Colchester Station), via the University of Essex. Buses are very frequent and run 7 days a week.
• By train: Trains from Colchester Town centre, Colchester Station, and London Liverpool Street all go to Wivenhoe. From the other direction trains run from Clacton-on-Sea and Walton-on-the-Naze. Trains run once or twice an hour.
• Walk: follow the Wivenhoe trail from Colchester town centre and the Hythe down to Wivenhoe.
• Cycle: the Wivenhoe trail is part of the National Cycle route 51. Use of cycles on this path is permissive, so be aware of walkers on this popular walking route.
• Car: Access to Wivenhoe is off the A133 from Colchester. Parking is limited in the narrow streets so consider public transport which is easily accessible and frequent.
• Ferry: the Wivenhoe ferry, operated by volunteers, runs in the warmer months from Rowhedge. The Brightlingsea ferry occasionally also goes to Wivenhoe.