SlackFolk at Piatto café
Music - Folk, from 11 Mar 2017, free entry
On the second Saturday of every month.
An opportunity for acoustic solo artists, bands and poets to showcase their material, and for you to hear some great music and poetry.
The SlackFolk session on Saturday 11th March will feature music from:
• Grasshopper - Toe tapping country folk with a bluegrass flavour and some great harmonies
• James Eastwood - An outstanding singer and guitarist with a session of his own songs
• Leon Helsby - A fine singer and guitarist, famed for his marathon charity busking
• Six Plus One - Six ukulele players and a piano with their own special take on popular songs
• Dave Rado - With a cappella community song
Plus poetry from Natalie Smith – A gifted poet reading from her own works.
Coffee, tea and food (as well as alcoholic drinks) are available at the Piatto Café at commercial prices.
After nearly two years searching for new premises, and due to other commitments, the directors of Slack Space have decided to formally wind down the company. Slack Space was a shining light in community activity in Colchester and in making art and culture available to a wider public. It's sad that it's gone, but it's great that we had it at all. SlackFolk will continue to operate in the spirit of the organisation that spawned it.
|Sat 8 Apr 2017|
|Sat 13 May 2017|
|Sat 10 Jun 2017|
|Sat 8 Jul 2017|
|Sat 12 Aug 2017|
|Sat 9 Sep 2017|
|Sat 14 Oct 2017|
|Sat 11 Nov 2017|
|Sat 9 Dec 2017|