SlackFolk at Piatto café
Music - Folk, from 10 Jun 2017, free entry
On the second Saturday of every month.
An opportunity for acoustic solo artists, bands and poets to showcase their material, and for you to hear some great music and poetry.
The SlackFolk session on Saturday 13th May will feature music from:
• Mc2 - One of Suffolk's premier Prog Folk Rock bands, renowned for their originality, foot tapping rhythms and a knack for connecting with their audience.
• Trio Saozon - Trio Saozon is a coming together of Gwendal Moële (No Strings Attached) and Emma and Tom Hardy to explore the traditional repertoire of Gwendal’s native Brittany and beyond.
• Jake Murrells & The Shepherds - Singer / songwriter Jake Murrells and his band – great voice; great guitar; great lyrics; and great melodies.
• Bowen Brothers - Nick (on guitar) and Simon (on violin) with some of their own material and some classy covers.
• Dave Rado – With a session of a capella community song to join in and enjoy.
Coffee, tea and food (as well as alcoholic drinks) are available at the Piatto Café at commercial prices.
After nearly two years searching for new premises, and due to other commitments, the directors of Slack Space have decided to formally wind down the company. Slack Space was a shining light in community activity in Colchester and in making art and culture available to a wider public. It's sad that it's gone, but it's great that we had it at all. SlackFolk will continue to operate in the spirit of the organisation that spawned it.
|Sat 10 Jun 2017|
|Sat 8 Jul 2017|
|Sat 12 Aug 2017|
|Sat 9 Sep 2017|
|Sat 14 Oct 2017|
|Sat 11 Nov 2017|
|Sat 9 Dec 2017|