Thorpe Green House, Colchester Road, Thorpe-le-Soken, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO16 0AB
She was one of 20 vessels paid for out of a £50,000 legacy left by Birmingham businessman, James Stevens, after whom all 20 were named. A 43’ (13.11m) Norfolk & Suffolk class pulling and sailing type, she was built at Thames Ironworks in 1899/1900 with the yard number TI 35 and at a cost of £1420. The Lifeboat House at East Terrace (now Walton Maritime Museum) was especially enlarged to accommodate her but soon after her arrival in 1900 she was put permanently afloat on moorings off the south side of Walton pier, where all the town’s RNLI lifeboats have been kept ever since. Boat trips available; booking essential.