The Tea Room is a light, airy building built in 2006. It is surrounded by windows overlooking the world famous Gravel Garden and the extensive plant Nursery it is a delightful place to relax over a cream tea or take refuge from the elements with one of our delicious homemade soups.
Kelly and her team take pride in offering a varied range of homemade cakes, daily baked scones, fresh ground coffee and speciality teas to our visitors all year round. A selection of breakfasts, light lunches and hot daily specials, using mainly seasonal locally sourced products, are on the menu daily including options for those with specific dietary requirements.
Posey vases on the tables hold fresh flowers and foliage of current interest.
The Tea Room is also the venue for many of our events and workshops throughout the year.
The Gravel Garden side of the Tea Room can also be hired during our off-peak times - our staff can offer you a beautiful venue in an amazing location, perfect for a family function, party or even group meetings. We can make buffets, lunches and afternoon tea to suit your budget. Please contact us for further details.
Parking facilities for up to five coaches
Drop-off is at the entrance to the garde
Free tea/coffee cake for drivers
Entry to the gardens is £6.95 per head for groups of less than 25 in number and £6.45 per head for groups of 25 and over.
Up to five 50 seater coaches accepted each day.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children