Group Visits at Prittlewell Priory Museum
Heritage Sites & Houses, free entry
Closure - All of 2010 and most of 2011
The remains of a 12th century Cluniac Priory, later converted to a house and restored as a museum in the 1920's, this marvellous building is set in Southend's principal park. The museum will be closed for all of 2010 and most of 2011 as the Council has recently (December 2009) been awarded a £1.3 million Lottery grant to refurbish and repair the building, install a lift and new displays and to build a small Visitor Centre just outside the Priory. All facilities for visitors will be greatly improved but because of the age and sensitivity of the building, the work will take some time to complete. We apologise for the fact that the building is therefore closed as a museum and not available as a wedding venue until approximately the end of 2011.
Seaway Coach & Car Park
Prittlewell Priory Museum
Please note that Prittlewell Priory is currently closed whilst preparation for the development and refurbishment of the building are undertaken.
While refurbishment of the priory is in progress, the war memorial has been covered with a protective wooden cover. Unfortunately, this means the memorial will not be able to be viewed during 2011.
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits