Book Tickets Online
Vintage and Classic Car Hire was born out of a passion for old cars and their preservation and above all, continued use on our public highways.
Founded by the company owner, Tim, who has an eclectic collection of classics, the business started off centered around MGs but with his love for vintage and classic cars the fleet expanded very quickly to add a Morgan Roadster V6 and he has his eye on some more beauties – watch this space!
Choose from our fleet of classic MGs including MG Midgets, MG BGT and MG Roadsters or go for a real power car with our Morgan Roadster V6 and enjoy touring the sights of Essex on a driving experience to remember.
Vintage and Classic Car Hire is offering the opportunity to hire one of our classics for the day or longer if you choose.
This government guideline friendly experience is the perfect activity all year round as you get behind the wheel of a classic car and turn heads as you drive one of our lovingly restored beauties. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary or just want to relive your youth – our cars make the ideal outing.
We’re a stone’s throw away from Shoeburyness train station – just an hour from London, making us ideally situated for a perfect day out wherever you’re travelling from. We have on-site parking for those travelling to us by car and a frequent bus service means we're never far away from anyone.
Choose the sights you want to visit across the county and beyond with the help of Visit Essex and our friendly team can give you some points of interest before you arrive so that you make the most of your trip.
From just £99 you can enjoy a unique driving experience across our beautiful county. You can even upgrade your hire to include a homemade picnic in a vintage hamper for your guest and you to enjoy on your travels or take advantage of our Winter Warmer soup and sandwich pack, perfect for a chilly day!
Our cars can be enjoyed whatever the weather with the benefit of having the top up or down on most cars and the MGB GT boasting a full-length period correct sliding “Webasto” sunroof for that open top feel on a dry day and a heater for the chilly ones. Being situated in one of the driest parts of the country means that we often have the weather on our side. However, if you would like to keep extra cosy with the top down, invest in one of our high-quality Vintage & Classic Car Hire beanies – the perfect addition to your experience, you’ll be snug and warm as you take in the Essex sights.
We are fully compliant with the current government COVID guidelines giving you peace of mind that your experience with be a safe and enjoyable time with a socially distanced handover and sanitised cars throughout – we're one of the only experience days that won't get cancelled.
Book your piece of motoring history today!
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash - All cars are sanitised before and after use. Any hampers that are ordered witht eh experience are fully sanitised before and after use.
- Capacity limit - 2 people per car adhering to government guidelines i.e. from the same household.
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment only
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Face mask essential (not provided) - Please wear a face mask for the socially distanced handover and return of your vehicle. Once in the vehicle it is not necessary to wear one.
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions - Picnic hampers and our Winter Warmer Soup and Sandwich pack are available to pre-book with your experience.
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking only
- Online booking possible
- Online ordering available
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Free Parking
- Public toilets
- Welcome Host
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
You will be collecting your vehicle from Unit 17 Terminal Close, Shoeburyness, Essex SS3 9BN. Our premises are situated around the corner from Shoeburyness train station, if you are arriving by train, please check your train times for arrival here. From the station walk towards the High Street, turn left onto High Street, turn left towards Terminal Close, continue to Unit 17.
If you are arriving by car, put SS3 9BN into your sat nav and there are designated parking bays where you can leave your car (please note we cannot accept responsibility for any vehicles left at our premises).