Book Tickets Online
Started in 2013, Mersea Island Watersports is an AALA & BSUPA accredited watersports centre based in an ideal harbour location that offers safe waters for learning and exciting opportunities for exploring. All our instructors have been trained to a high level in each sport and most have grown up on Mersea Island so know the channels and creeks like the back of their hand. In addition, we conduct extensive pre-season training to ensure that all are meeting our high expectations.
We offer lessons for all age groups and abilities as well as equipment and kit hire plus kid clubs, parties and corporate events!
With five different ways to float, the water can be accessible for all.
Please see website for pricing
- Changing Places
- Changing Places Toilets
- Disabled access - Our centre is accessible for people with disabilities but may require some notice.
- Disabled toilets - Whilst we do not have specific facilities for those with disabilities, our toilets are quite spacious so could accommodate a wheelchair with help.
- Facilities for hearing impaired - We can do lessons for those with hearing impairments but would need to discuss prior to booking.
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site light refreshments
- Children welcome
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
- Parking with charge - There is no onsite parking but there are 2 public carparks within a 5 minute walk.
- Dogs Accepted
- Batchelor Parties
- Corporate Events
- School Trips
- Accepts groups
- Equipment Provided
Map & Directions
We are located on Coast Road next to West Mersea Yacht Club. You will find our office behind Micro Scooters. We usually have a flag and/or a board outside.
Public Transport Directions
Best reached by car or by bus from Colchester. There is a public car park just in front of the yacht club next door or alternative public car park opposite the Victory Pub approx. 5 min walk. Bus is the no. 67 and stops in the village centre. It is approx 12 min walk from the bus stop.