Book Tickets Online
A sandy beach at this busy and popular seaside resort on the Essex Sunshine Coast. Its many attractions include Clacton Pier, The Pavilion Fun Park, bars, restaurants and town centre shopping. The town boasts two theatres that provide a variety of entertainment all year round. Clacton hosts a free Air Show as part of its action packed August Bank Holiday programme and numerous events including the Carnival Week.
It is also justly proud of its beautifully maintained themed seafront gardens that line the upper promenade. Adjacent to Martello Bay, West Beach has gently shelving sand and with the added bonus of the operation of Clacton’s pioneering child safety wristband scheme, gives parents that extra peace of mind.
Clacton on Sea is served by main line railway connections from London and Ipswich. Road connections south from London and Colchester via the A12, A120 and A133 and north from Ipswich via the A14, A12, A120 and A133 – CO15 1QX.
- Disabled toilet facilities / disabled / pushchair access to beach
- Deckchair hire
- First aid
- Beach and Boat Patrol
- Lost child centre
- Dog restricted area
- Crazy golf
- Bus stop at beach and on a cycle route
- Car Parking – Pay car park / Street parking / Disabled visitors’ spaces
- Walkable to train station
- Other Information
- Groynes and rocks
- Powered and non powered watercraft
- Jetty and pier diving
- Tidal surge and rip currents
- Cross winds (this is dangerous when using inflatables in the water)
- Disabled access
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments