Book Tickets Online
With one of the area’s best beaches and home of the UK’s second longest pier, Walton charms visitors of all ages. From beach activities to countryside walks, Walton has it all. Gently shelving beaches provide an ideal location for a day by the sea. Nearby shopping and entertainment facilities ensure there is always something going on.
The beautiful Naze cliffs and National Nature Reserve nearby provide the perfect opportunity for walking and bird watching. Gaze across Hamford Water and watch yachts enter and leave the marina whilst in the background the large vessels sail towards the Port of Harwich.
The beach is located adjacent to the town of Walton-on-the-Naze, on the Essex Sunshine Coast.
- Sandy with dog restricted area
- Disabled toilet facilities and disabled / pushchair access to beach
- Deckchair hire
- First aid
- Beach & Boat Patrol
- Lost child centre
- Bus stop at beach and on a cycle route
- Walkable to train station
- Car Parking – pay car park / Street parking / Disabled visitors’ spaces
- Other Information
- Pier fishing
- Cross winds (this is dangerous when using inflatables in the water)
- Disabled access
Map & Directions
Access by road from the south from London and Colchester via the A12, A120, A120, A133 and B1034 and from the north from Ipswich via the A12, A120, A133 and B1034.
Public Transport Directions
Bus service from Frinton on Sea and Clacton on Sea.
Access by mainline railway connection from London and Ipswichsee Abelio Greater Anglia for more info.