The site only accepts bookings for tents and is off the beaten track. We are offering a peace of mind booking guarantee called the Flexi Booking Guarantee:
On the border of Hertfordshire and Essex and just 30 minutes from London by train, Lee Valley Almost Wild Campsite, Broxbourne is the perfect place to escape the rat race and find your inner Bear Grylls. Surrounded by water on three sides, this idyllic island houses the bear basics of cold running water, composting toilets and some solar powered lighting, which gives it it's name of 'almost' wild!
You'll have a choice of a river side or woodland pitch where you can set up home, create your own campfire and even sleep under the stars in a hammock.
This almost wild campsite also plays host to bushcraft workshops throughout the year! Why don't you plan your trip around one these diverse and educational courses?
For great days out, Lee Valley White Water Centre is a cycle away and full of epic white water action that you can get involved in. For the wildlife lover out there, you'll find plenty to see on the ground and if you venture further into the park you'll find hides situated in the prime spots. If you wish to venture to civilisation, there are a range of pubs and shops nearby for anything you might need.
With just cold running water, composting toilets and limited solar light, Lee Valley Almost Wild Campsite, Broxbourne will give you a taste of the wild that's close to home.
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- 2m distancing in place
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Currently closed
- Online booking only
- Outside seating
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Cycles for hire - Pre-booking required, will be delivered to site for use
- Water sports onsite - Launching point for canoes - canoes can also be hired from Lee Valley Canoe Cycle in Broxbourne
- Drinking water
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Accepts groups