Cross the Blackwater Estuary onto Mersea Island in Essex and you are in a different world, a world where you can be your best, most carefree self. As you unwind, take time to explore and discover all the hidden gems that the island has to offer, with Mersea Island Holiday Park as your tranquil base.
Dine on local shellfish at the West Mersea Oyster Bar, seek out the coloured beach huts or take a dip in our lovely indoor swimming pool to refresh your body and soul. And for refreshment of a different kind, head over to the local vineyard for some of England’s finest wines and gins. With historic Colchester only a short drive away, there is so much to explore that you’ll wonder why you’ve never heard of this hidden gem before.
Right next door to Cudmore Grove National Park which has a spectacular private beach, Mersea Island Holiday Park is paradise for dogs too, and we’re ready to welcome you and your four-legged friends for a holiday to remember, far from the madding crowd. Once you have discovered Mersea Island and enjoyed the hospitality of our team of Holiday Heroes, we’re sure you’ll want to come back time and time again!
Mersea Island has an indoor heated swimming pool, clubhouse, children's play area, a safe sandy beach, boat launching, well stocked shop and on-site laundry. Children welcome from any age.
Don’t miss out – book your next break today! We really would love to see you! Mersea Island Holiday Park, the best kept secret in Essex!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Comfort||from £115.00 to £995.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Disabled facilities
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Virtual menus
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Games room onsite
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Swimming pool - indoor onsite
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- On street/public parking
- Cleaning service
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Pet Friendly
- Public house/Inn
- Single sex groups welcomed
Room/Unit Facilities: Comfort
Property Facilities: Luxury
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Scenic view
Map & Directions
Map reference: TM 059144 Lat: 51.79033 Long:0.98416From A12, exit J26 and follow directions B1025 Mersea. Cross The Strood bridge on to Mersea Island. Take the left fork towards East Mersea, passing the Dog & Pheasant Public House on your left, Mersea Island is just past it on the right hand side.