'Reminder' was built in 1929 to carry cargo on the East Coast and has been converted to provide spacious and comfortable accommodation. Moored on Maldon Quay, she is an ideal base for a group of family or friends to enjoy a relaxed break away from the hustle and bustle of modern life.
The East Coast provides wonderful bird watching and winter walks - head up river to Beeleigh Falls or down river along the sea wall towards Northey Island. A short drive in the car takes you to other riverside villages such as Mersea and Tollesbury.
There isn't a TV, so utilize her spacious open plan galley and saloon for sociable entertaining and cards or board games at her long table.
Children will enjoy crabbing from the deck or can let off steam in the promenade park.
Minimum stay 2 nights, join Friday evening and stay to 5pm on Sunday.
Two pubs on the Quay and High Street restaurants are within walking distance, as well as two leisure centres.
'Reminder' has central heating and a cosy solid fuel stove, her 6 cabins provide a mixture of an accommodation to suit most groups. Short breaks mainly catered for although longer stays are certainly available.
Close to Promenade Park and high street.
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Restaurant - Visit our barge tearooms moored on the Quay for breakfasts, light lunches and afternoon teas.
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- 24-hour minimum vacancy between guests
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors - We allow 72 hours between stays.
- Online booking possible - Listed with Air Bnb
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in German
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Secure cycle storage
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- On street/public parking
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Wood Burner
- Scenic view
- Building of historical interest
- Accepts groups
- Single sex groups welcomed
Map & Directions