Book Tickets Online
A circular route through Turnershill and Thistly Marsheswhere in the summer months you can experience the wonderful sights and sounds of crickets and grasshoppers.
Distance 0.5 miles. Terrain: All surfaced pathways with several bridges.
Starting Point Pindar Car Park Windmill Lane Cheshunt Herts EN8 9AJ
- From the centre of the car park, proceed south along the surfaced path.
- Turn left at the end and proceed south, alongside the Small River Lee, passing through Turnershill Marsh.
- At the small angler's car park, take the right hand path and continue.
- Cross over a small wooden bridge, turning to the right and continue along the pathway bearing right.
- Proceed along the path, keeping Bowyers Water on your left.
- At the next junction, at the north of the lake, bear to the right. (The Bowyers Orchid Meadow is a short detour from the route - turn left at the junction and the entrance to the Orchid Meadow boardwalk is on the left)
- Continue north, along the pathway, passing through Thistly Marsh.
- Proceed over the metal bridge to the right, crossing the Small River Lee and continue.
- Turn left onto the pathway, retracing your steps north, turning right along the path, back to the car park.
Points of interest: Bowyers Orchid Meadow is a short detour from the route (best seen early May to mid June).
Terrain: All surfaced pathways with several bridges. Particularly suitable for pushcahirs and disabled
Toilets: Pindar car park
Refreshments: Lee Valley Youth Hostel, Cheshunt - 2 minutes from route.
- Disabled access
- Length of route (miles) - 2
Map & Directions
Pindar Car Park
Public Transport Directions
Cheshunt Railway Station