‘The Barns’ at Cressing Temple is a bright and vibrant tea room, offering a wide range of homemade meals with fresh and local ingredients. After indulging in a delicious ‘Tiptree’ cream tea, visitors can make their way around the fascinating and outstanding 13th century barns and admire the Tudor herb garden.
The tea room has free parking on site and the routes/pathways are suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility. Just a short drive from Cressing Temple visitors can also find the Braintree Village outlet shopping centre.
Cressing Temple is home to a wide range of fantastic shows throughout the year. On these show days visitors are often expected to buy tickets to gain access to the rest of the site. On the days that there are no shows, visitors can explore this wonderful site free of charge and can enjoy the traditional 'Tiptree' menu in the tea room.
- Disabled access
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Currently closed - We would like to thank all our customers for their support through this challenging year. It is with great sadness that, following the latest government advice, we have now taken the decision to close all of our Tiptree Tea Rooms for dining in and takeaway and shops from Thursday, 5th November. We believe that it is in the best interests of our staff and customers to remain closed until it is once again safe to open. We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Tiptree Tea Rooms once we are able to. The smell of freshly baked scones will fill the air and our friendly staff will be here to greet you with a big smile and a nice cup of tea.
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Takeaway available
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
Map & Directions
By car: From Colchester take the A12 to Witham. Head out towards Braintree on the B1018. Cressing Temple Barns is well sign posted off of this road.