The Essex Rose Tea Room is open seven days a week, every week of the year except over the Christmas period. Traditional table service, historic quiet and comfortable surroundings and good value home-made food guarantee that you'll be made to feel welcome, enjoy your visit, and want to return soon.
The Essex Rose Tea Room serves a range of sandwiches, lunch specials, hot and cold snacks, cakes and home-made scones. A selection of preserves, gift boxes and local paintings is available. The tearoom seats 70.
We accept bookings every day of the week during opening times, including bank holidays and school holidays. Groups accepted (max 40). Coach parking nearby.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Currently closed - We would like to thank all our customers for their support through this challenging year. It is with great sadness that, following the latest government advice, we have now taken the decision to close all of our Tiptree Tea Rooms for dining in and takeaway and shops from Thursday, 5th November. We believe that it is in the best interests of our staff and customers to remain closed until it is once again safe to open. We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Tiptree Tea Rooms once we are able to. The smell of freshly baked scones will fill the air and our friendly staff will be here to greet you with a big smile and a nice cup of tea.
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Takeaway available
- Facilities for groups
- Free Parking
- Gift shop
- Accepts groups
Map & Directions
Br car: From the A12 between Colchester and Ipswich, take any one of three exits (we prefer the middle one) and head towards Dedham, just a couple of minutes’ drive. Park in the nearby car park off Mill Lane or in the centre of the village if you can find a space.Accessible by Public Transport: Manningtree station is 4 miles away.