The Courtyard Tea Room offers breakfasts, light lunches and afternoon tea. Customers can enjoy the sunny courtyard or take a seat inside. Located in the centre of Saffron Walden, it is just a short walk from the car park on the common or the town square. The Courtyard Tea Room provides a welcome break for refreshments before exploring the rich heritage of old buildings, the independent shops and St Marys church, the largest church in Essex. The twice weekly market on Tuesdays and Saturdays continues a tradition that first started in 1141. Dogs are welcome outside.
Coach parking is available a short distance away. Small group bookings mid week only.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Currently closed - We would like to thank all our customers for their support through this challenging year. It is with great sadness that, following the latest government advice, we have now taken the decision to close all of our Tiptree Tea Rooms and shops from Thursday, 5th November. We believe that it is in the best interests of our staff and customers to remain closed until it is once again safe to open. We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Tiptree Tea Rooms once we are able to. The smell of freshly baked scones will fill the air and our friendly staff will be here to greet you with a big smile and a nice cup of tea.
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Takeaway available
- Parking with charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Accepts groups
Map & Directions
Saffron Walden is easily reached from London via the M11 (exit junction 8, initially follow the signs for A120 Hertford, then B1383 for Saffron Walden). If you are travelling from Cambridge, exit M11 at junction 10 and follow the signs to Saffron Walden (A505, A1301, B184). Parking is available in the common car park with a charge.On non market days parking is available in Market Square - follow the one way system.Accessible by Public Transport: Audley End station is 2 miles away.