We are open for dining in our Secret Garden and takeaways. Our retail shop is open.
The Tiptree Tea Room, Museum & Jam Shop is open seven days a week, closing only for the Christmas break. The Tea Room offers traditional table service in comfortable surroundings. There’s top quality food with a wide range of ‘Tiptree’ products. Wherever possible, we source our ingredients from local suppliers and we prepare and cook the food on the premises.
During the summer months, you are welcome to eat outside on the terrace or in our new 'Secret Garden'. It’s a regular sun trap and is the perfect place from which to watch the comings and goings of the factory and the visitor centre.
The tea room serves a range of cooked lunches, sandwiches, hot and cold snacks, and Tiptree Patisserie cakes. Try the special Tiptree Cream Tea: two homemade fruit scones with Tiptree Little Scarlet Stawberry preserve and Rodda's classic Cornish clotted cream. Served with your choice or tea or filter coffee.
Unfortunately we are not taking group bookings in 2021 but our diaries will be opening for 2022 at the end of the this summer.
- Afternoon tea
- Serve lunch
- Take away service
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Breakfast available
- Locally sourced produce
- On-site light refreshments
- Vegetarian diet available
- Baby changing facilities
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Currently closed - We would like to thank all our customers for their support through this challenging year. It is with great sadness that, following the latest government advice, we have now taken the decision to close all of our Tiptree Tea Rooms for dining in and takeaway and shops from Thursday, 5th November. We believe that it is in the best interests of our staff and customers to remain closed until it is once again safe to open. We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Tiptree Tea Rooms once we are able to. The smell of freshly baked scones will fill the air and our friendly staff will be here to greet you with a big smile and a nice cup of tea.
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Takeaway available
- Facilities for groups
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Map & Directions
By Road:After leaving the A12 at Kelvedon, the Tiptree visitor centre is signposted onto the B1023 Tiptree road. On arriving in Tiptree continue towards Tollesbury. As you leave Tiptree, the visitor centre is on your right. Be sure to take the entrance AFTER the red brick wall.The nearest railway station is Kelvedon, which is 0 miles away.