Book Tickets Online
AboutHylands Estate is a prestigious grade II* listed public park encompassing 574 acres of historic parkland. The beautifully renovated Neo-Classical elegant villa Hylands House can be hired for any occasion including Weddings, Celebrations and Business Events and is open to the public on select days. The Stables house a café and resident artist studios. Within the park there are formal Victorian Gardens and ancient woodlands that are accessible as well as an award winning accessible children’s Adventure Playground. With a list of seasonal events both within the House and the Park, Hylands Estate is the perfect place to visit and explore.
Facilities at Hylands House include:
- Free parking within walking distance including accessible bays
- Guide books and information leaflets
- Interpretation boards throughout the house
- Full wheelchair and pushchair access
- Wheelchairs available for use
- Mobility vehicle available, to book please call 01245 605523
Over 500 acres of beautifully maintained parkland just outside Chelmsford. Park includes lawns, ornamental ponds, woodland paths, rhododendron bushes and Pleasure Gardens, adjacent to Hylands House.
The Stables Café
The Stables Café and dog-friendly Garden Café is a family-friendly cafe, which provides the perfect place to meet with friends for lunch or relax with a drink when out walking in Hylands Park.
The Artists' Studios are located in The Stables. Visitors can meet the artists, view their work and purchase unique artwork.
The Stables Information Point. Refreshments/Cafe/Tearoom. Suitability for Dogs: In grounds. Guide dogs only in house.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Sole use of venue
- Wedding receptions
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- English Heritage Property
- National Trust Property
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Map & Directions
From London: Take A12 towards Colchester. At 1st Chelmsford sign, take slip road to A414 towards Chelmsford. (A414 is an old dual carriageway). White on brown tourist signs indicates entrance to park/house.
The nearest railway station is Chelmsford, which is 10 miles away.