Book Tickets Online
16th Century manor house built by Sir William Petre, Secretary of State to four Tudor monarchs, and still occupied by his descendants. The house substantially retains its original form and appearance (including 2 priests' hiding places) and contains furniture, pictures and memorabilia accumulated over the centuries.
The Hall stands in open countryside, one mile from the village of Ingatestone and substantially retains its original Tudor form and appearance with its mullioned windows, high chimneys, crow-step gables and oak-panelled rooms and is surrounded by ten acres of enclosed gardens comprising extensive lawns, walled garden and stew pond.
Enjoy an afternoon at Ingatestone Hall touring the eight principal rooms containing paintings, furniture and memorabilia accumulated over the centuries and wander in the ten acres of gardens.
No photography in house.
Suitablity for the Disabled: Partial.
Guided Tours: By arrangement.
Suitability for Dogs: Guide dogs only.
Also availiable for private hire for a variety of uses (For seated events the capacity is aprox 50-60 people)
Adult £7.00, Child £3.00 (under 5yrs Free), Conc. £6.00. (Groups of 20+ booked in advance: Adult £6.00, Child £2.00, Conc. £5.00.)
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site - The grass car park can be used for picnics during opening hours
- Children welcome
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- One way system
- Open now
- Out of Hours Visits
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Guided tours for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Helicopter landing
- Sole use of venue
- Venue approved for civil marriage
- Wedding receptions
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Smoking not allowed
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Map & Directions
By Road:A12 to Ingatestone village. From the London end of the High Street, take Station Lane. Go over the level crossing and continue for 0.5 mile. Designated parking is about 200 yards from the house.By Public Transport:From Ingatestone station it is 0.75 miles to Ingatestone Hall.The nearest railway station is Ingatestone, which is 0.8 miles away.