Book Tickets Online
A linear route exploring the stunning North Metropolitan and Bowyers Orchid Meadows.
Starting Point Pindar Car Park
Distance 2 miles
- From the eastern end of the car park, turn left onto the River Lee Navigation towpath.
- Continue north passing under a bridge at Cadmore Lane.
- Turn left after the bridge and then right, along the pathway parallel to the towpath.
- Turn left through the kissing gate and onto the boardwalk into the North Metropolitan Orchid Meadow.
- Continue along the boardwalk, exiting the meadow through another kissing gate.
- Turn right along the pathway and retrace your steps back to Pindar car park.
- Proceed through the car park and exit from the south entrance in the middle of the car park, by the Orchid Information Panel and proceed along the pathway.
- Turn left proceeding south, alongside the Small River Lee on your right, into Turnershill Marsh.
- Turn right over the wooden bridge, continuing in a southerly direction, bearing to the left.
- At the north end of Bowyers Water, turn right.
- The entrance to the boardwalk overlooking Bowyers Orchid Meadow is on the left.
- Retrace your steps back to Pindar car park.
Points of Interest: Orchid information panels, Common Twayblade, Early Marsh, Southern Marsh, Common Spotted and Pyramidal Orchids (best seen between late May and mid June).
Terrain: Surfaced pathways, one bridge and boardwalks in orchid areas. Towpath may become muddy.
Toilets: Pindar car park.
Refreshments: Lee Valley Youth Hostel, Cheshunt - 2 minutes from route.
- Length of route (miles) - 2
Map & Directions
Parking at Pindar Car Park
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station Cheshunt