Welcome to Blackwells Farm Shop
Blackwells Farm Shop is open seven days a week, closing only for the Christmas holidays.
The Blackwells family has been farming in the Coggeshall area for four generations. Situated at Herons Farm, near Coggeshall in Essex, where the Blackwells family has farmed since the 1930s. In all that time, they’ve been rearing poultry in the way people want — by traditional methods.
The farm shop is committed to supporting local suppliers and over 90% of the produce market is sourced within a 20-mile radius of the farm. They source their meat from local farmers known and trusted by themselves for their good husbandry skills.
For many years Blackwells Farm Produce have concentrated on traditional farm fresh geese and turkeys for the Christmas market.
In 2004, the Family set up the Rare Breed Meat Company to service leading butchers and food halls who directly seek high quality locally produced meat for which we could provide full provenance back to the source.
Home delivery to all CO, CM and most IP postcodes. Minimum delivery order £50. Delivery charges apply.
Proud winners the prestigious title of ‘Essex Life Farm Shop of the Year’ in 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015, and were also highly commended in 2012.
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering - Fresh Fruit & Veg. Large range of local meats. Afternoon tea takeaway boxes. Readymade meals. Wine & Gin from local breweries, vineyards & distilleries. Budget-friendly meat boxes. Deli Homemade pantry essentials. Chocolates, Truffles, Fudge.
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- Delivery available
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online ordering available
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Queuing system
- Free Parking