GreyFriars has 26 luxuriously appointed bedrooms, including a number of Grand Luxe Signature Suites, Deluxe Suites and Junior Suites. All rooms are designed and fitted to match 5* standards and feature beautiful marble bathrooms or shower rooms.
Each room is unique, reflecting the history of the three buildings which together form GreyFriars, ranging from different parts of the 17th Century, the early part of the 20th Century and the 21st Century restoration.
Most of the rooms have generous fenestration and many enjoy interesting views: some overlook the terrace and park like grounds to the rear; some have views of the rooftops of old Colchester town or of the Castle; overs have views over East Hill, to the Georgian Grade I listed East Hill House opposite and its Coach House, or to St Jame's Church and beyond and some have views of the spectacular Raphael Vinoly designed art gallery close by.
The style is classical and contemporary at the same time. The carpets from Louis de Poortere in Belgium pay homage to the designs of earlier centuries. The furniture is bespoke and hand crafted in Stockport by master craftsmen. The general atmosphere is of lightness, comfort and elegant luxury.
All rooms are superbly finished with considerable attention to detail and benefit from the following features and services:
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Voyage Indian Silk curtains and blinds
- Fine bespoke furniture designed and made in the UK
- To the highest international standards of craftsmanship
- Marble bath and/or shower rooms with under floor heating
- L'Occitane toiletries from France
- Tea and Nespresso coffee making facilities
- In room safe
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Single room||£115.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Double room||£135.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
|Suite||£250.00 per room per night for bed & breakfast|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Disabled facilities
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Conference facilities
- Private parking
- Air conditioning
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Passenger lift
- Television available
- WiFi or internet access
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Building of historical interest