Book Tickets Online
AboutSchool visits to RHS Garden Hyde Hall place children in direct contact with a wealth of practical horticulture, specialist knowledge and the sheer beauty and range of plant diversity.
Free preliminary visit for teacher, teacher and pupil resource pack, classroom/study area, guided tours.
Welcome Building with cafe, gift shop, and plant centre. Within the garden itself, you will find a children's play area, picnic areas, garden library, restaurant and learning centre.
All educational visits are free of charge
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hygiene screens in place
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Map & Directions
Hyde Hall is conveniently located just 20 minutes from Chelmsford and is signed from the A130 (southbound).
Leave the M25 at junction 29 for A127 (signed Southend). From the A127 exit onto the A132 (signed Wickford/South Woodham Ferrers).
Or leave the A12 at junction 17, then at the roundabout take the second exit for the A130 (signed Southend/Basildon)
From the A130 Rettendon Turnpike roundabout follow the tourist attraction flower symbols towards South Woodham Ferrers on the A132. At the Shaw Farm roundabout turn left into Willow Grove/Creephedge Lane.
Please be aware that if you are using Sat Nav please enter CM3 8ET via Creephedge Lane.
By Public Transport:
From London Liverpool Street to Chelmsford (about 8miles away) or to Wickford (5 miles away). Taxis are usually available at the station.
Buses - The No.3 service from Southend to Chelmsford stops at the garden.
Accessible by Public Transport: Chelmsford station is 8 miles away.