Book Tickets Online
Reopens April 2022
The beautiful Rayleigh Windmill is a Grade II listed building more than 200 years old and contains an accredited museum, an exhibition space and information about Rayleigh Mount. It was sympathetically refurbished in 2006 and is a tourist and educational attraction, and popular venue for Weddings and other celebrations.
The dedicated and friendly team of volunteers are always on hand to offer guided tours and talks on the Windmill's long history.
We welcome school and group visits, and group leaders can download a Group Visit Heritage Guide and booking form from our website.
School or group visits may be booked during the winter months but are subject to volunteer availability.
Toilets, including disabled toilets and baby changing facilities, are accessible via the Mill Arts & Events Centre situated next to the Windmill.
Entry is free of charge, a minimum £1 donation per person is encouraged.
- Disabled access
- Children welcome
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face masks available for visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Open now - Open on Wednesdays 10:00 - 13:00 and Saturdays & Sundays 13:00 - 16:00 2 April - 28 September 2022. Please see website for closures for private events.
- Queuing system
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Facilities for educational visits
- Guided tours for groups
- Parking with charge - Parking in adjacent car park free on Saturdays after 1pm and all day Sundays.
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Guided tours for individuals
- Smoking not allowed
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
Map & Directions
Rayleigh is situated just off the A127. As you enter the Rayleigh High Street one way system, the road to the Windmill is on the left and is signposted for The Mill Hall. Parking and Disabled Parking are both available in The Mill Hall Car Park which is situated in front of the Windmill.
Public Transport Directions
Rayleigh station is 0.5 miles away.