Book Tickets Online
Riverside Leisure Centre is now open. You can find all the information about restrictions and COVID safety on the website.
Chelmsford's largest leisure centre with a superb range of facilities including an ice rink, indoor swimming pools and flume, state-of-the-art gym, exercise classes, sports hall, creche, children's indoor soft play area, restaurant and treatment room.
The ice rink offers pay as you go skating for the whole family, including disco sessions and holiday skates, it is also home to the Chelmsford Chieftains ice hockey team. The rink is due to reopen on Monday 17th May (COVID roadmap permitting).
Price will vary depending upon activity
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Changing Places
- Disabled access - Changing Places units Accessible pool lift
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
- Staff are dementia aware
- Video/virtual tours
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Face mask essential (not provided) - Everyone aged over 11yrs must wear a face mask when moving around the centre, unless exempt.
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Facilities must be booked
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Outside seating
- Queuing system
- Time limited visits
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Parking with charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Onsite Catering
- Public toilets
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
Located along the River Chelmer, it couldn't be easier to access Riverside's extensive range of facilities on foot, by bike, by car or public transport.
Riverside is centrally located in the city centre along the River Chelmer and can be easily accessed on foot through the Bond Street development, via Victoria Road or Waterloo Lane.
Riverside is on a cycle path through the city centre, and offers cycle parking.
There is a customers-only, car park at the centre. This car park is cashless.
By bus and train
Many bus routes run into the city centre, and stop a short walk from the centre. The nearest train station to Riverside is Chelmsford, which is around a 10 minute walk from the centre.