Located near Saffron Walden, Newport is a large village in the Uttlesford District. First mentioned on the Doomsday Book in 1086, the name means 'New Town' as the 'port' used to be the Anglo Saxon word for market. The village is the centre point of the Harcamlow Way - a walk in a figure of eight shape between Cambridge and Harlow.
The village has a village hall, two pubs - The Coach and Horse and The White Horse - a farmers market and a number of community groups and sports associations. Newport is also located close to Audley End House and Gardens.
Map & Directions
Newport is close to the M11.
Public Transport Directions
There is a regular train service from Newport train station to London Liverpool Street and Cambridge station.