Book Tickets Online
Re-opening on 19th March 2022.
The Audley End Miniature Railway is a magical day out for families including a miniature railway, enchanted fairy and elf walk, adventure play area, nature corner, woodland cafe and gift shop.
Enjoy a magical journey on our miniature railway which takes you deep into our enchanting woods. You’ll be sure to spot woodland animals along the route, and perhaps a teddy bear or two.
The train will take you back to the picnic field where children can let off steam on the adventure play area. A newly extended attraction for 2022, the bespoke playground equipment is sure to fire up both imaginative and physical play.
Families can also explore the enchanted Fairy and Elf Walk, which winds through the magical woods where children can spot tiny fairies living in harmony with nature.
The Nature Corner has also grown this season, welcoming some water loving wildlife into the newly installed pond. Take a peep inside our fascinating bug hotels, try and spot a worm or two hiding in the wormery, and if you’re very quiet and still, the bird boxes might just reveal some feathered friends.
The Woodland café serves locally sourced and homemade food.
We have everything you need for a memorable family day out in the great outdoors, whatever the season.
All tickets must be purchased online and shown to our admissions staff on arrival. We are also a cashless site so only accept card payments.
The Fairy and Elf Walk is only open from the 30th April onwards.
- Autism Friendly
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Currently closed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face masks available for visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Interactive displays closed
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Time limited visits
- Virtual menus
- Facilities for groups
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop - Out doors - 3 outlets
- Onsite Catering
- Public toilets - Cleaned every 30 minutes
- Smoking not allowed - designated are for smoking
- Accessibility of route - Accessible from M11
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Map & Directions
From the M11: Follow signs for Audley End House, we are directly opposite the house.
Public Transport Directions
By Public Transport: From Audley End station it is 1.3 miles to Audley End Miniature Railway. The nearest railway station is Audley End, which is 1.3 miles away.